We can’t help you with your facebook additions or any strange addictions you might have like les additions or xtreme addictions but we can point your attention to a number of websites that deal with addictions.
- Addiction Today – Journal devoted to evidence based treatment for all forms of addiction and dependency. Includes a list of treatment centres and self help information.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health – Canadian research facility and hospital which provides direct patient care. Includes searchable database of addiction related materials.
- emerging sideways – Anonymous blog about recovery from sexual and food addictions. [Atom]
- eNotalone.com – Addictions – Articles and discussion about addictions with special sections on addictions to pornography, sex and love, tobacco and chemical substances (drugs).
- Is Addiction Just a Matter of Choice? – Transcript of report on conflicting views about addiction by John Stossel of ABC News, televised in April, 2003. Also includes message boards on which this report was discussed, and links to web resources.
- Journal of Addictive Diseases – Publication of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Offers articles online in PDF format.
- National Council on Seniors Drug and Alcohol Rehab – Care for senior citizens struggling with addiction.
- Print Media Coverage of Research on Passive Smoking – Research evaluates tobacco industry influence on coverage in newspapers and magazines of the health effects of secondhand smoke.